Homemade Double-Shot Mocha
June 20, 2020 6 Comments
Tired of paying five dollars for your favorite espresso drinks? You can make them at home for less than a dollar! Here is the chocolatey-delicious mocha. With a thick head of frothed milk on top and it’s rich chocolate flavor, blended with a double espresso shot, you’re sure to become addicted!
- An espresso machine with a frothing arm (we used the Mr. Coffee ecm160. All machines vary, adjust recipe as needed)
- A heatproof (microwave safe) coffee mug.
2/3 cup water
3 tsp sugar
3 tsp cocoa
2/3 cup milk (2% recommended, whole will work)
Espresso roast coffee
Note: You may adjust to your taste! Use less cocoa if it is too rich, or use more sugar if not sweet enough!
How To Make It:
- Measure espresso coffee to the “2 serving” mark in the brew basket
- Place water into carafe and pour into espresso machine.
- Pour milk into coffee mug.
- Put the sugar and cocoa into the carafe.
- Start the brew.
- Switch over to froth/steam when the coffee reaches just under the first mark on carafe.
- Froth the milk by just putting arm under the surface of the milk. You do not want the arm to submersed at this point, just barley touching under.
- When a thick froth is obtained steam the milk by submersing the arm into milk until milk is heated (cup will begin to get hot)
- Switch machine back over to brew and let it finish the brewing cycle.
- Turn machine off.
- Take carafe and stir so the espresso, cocoa, and sugar are well blended.
- Pour espresso/cocoa mixture into frothed milk. As you are pouring you may notice some lumps, so I recommend pour half the mixture and stir again before pouring the rest.
Hint: If you are creative you may try to experiment making designs, such at the shown heart while pouring the espresso into the milk!
Looks delicious! I will look into getting one of those espresso machines!
That sounds amazing! I will be making one for my morning coffee tomorrow!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, mochas are awesome.
I want some! I love mocha… I need a machine like yours.
Tastes so good! Thank you for sharing the ingredients. I love it! 😉
I will be making one for my morning espresso tomorrow!