These are everyone’s favorites! Kids and adults alike will devour them. With a light, crispy texture, they disappear faster than you can make them!
Medium-sized mixing bowl
1/3 cup softened butter
1/3 cup of all-vegetable shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour + 2 tbsp as necessary
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup candy covered chocolates
**Do NOT eat raw dough**
How to do it:
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees.
- MIX butter, shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla together until smooth.
- ADD remaining ingredients and mix until dough is stiff, but still soft and workable.
If dough seems “too soft”, resulting in a flat cookie add 2 tbsp flour and mix.
- ROUND dough onto teaspoons into heaps. Heaps should be about one tbsp of the dough.
- DROP on cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- BAKE for about 10 minutes. Adjust time as necessary, as ovens differ.
- COOL for a minute or two on baking sheet.
- REMOVE from baking sheet onto plate.
Store in storage bag or air-tight container.
2 dozen cookies.
Leftover dough? Cover and store in refrigerator for up to two days. Thaw for 20 minutes before baking.